Sunday, September 26, 2010

Psalmthing psalmone said

Oh God please hear me.
I'm so empty.
I serve you and trust you to protect and cover me,
because thats who you are and who I am.
You hold nothing against people like me who call out to you,
your love for us is so full, so persistent and so far reaching.
I need that mercy.

In my troubles I call out to you because this mercy and that love,
all that comes from you.
You are the answer my call receives.
In all philosophy and ideas and people and altruism,
there's nothing and no one that does what you do,
or could be who you are.
All these things break in comparison.
Because you aren't only 'the answer.'
And much more than your great deeds is your personality.
You're it.

Show me your way so that I can see.
Make me see your way, so that I can walk it.
Don't let my mind be split, let me be wholehearted in seeking you.
Your truth is truth, so I will be grateful.
I will praise you!
Because you have saved me from such lowness that I cannot describe.

People, systems, philosophies and my own personal short-comings
hunt me down and want to take advantage of me in my weakness.

May your compassion be my example.
May your goodness be something living and growing in me,
that is in everything I do... something that cannot be hidden.

So that even when I break, people see my heart and have a glimpse
of goodness that is yours and are made aware of the truth,
and the enduring good of your substance.
Because in whatever happens,
I know your comfort is reliable
and goes before me,
as much as it is with me now,
and as much as it has held me before, there you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment