Thursday, September 2, 2010

What I get a bang out of

In Catcher in the Rye the main guy wears a red hunting hat. He says 'I got a real bang out of that hat.' And so this blog is just for me to document things I get a bang out of.

God is showing me how I fall short and it is good. Today I had a good conversation with Ben. I say yes to too many people and too many things in my life and then I sit back and watch it all clash! Sometimes. Then I don't end up getting things done that I want to do and that I need to do. Totally unfair of me to do that to my pals! So I'm learning.

A couple of days ago a cool thing happened. I was sort of about to go out. I usually try to spend some quiet time with God in the morning. But I hadn't. I had just enough time to either eat (and I was hungry) or do something about feeling stressed. I can't remember exactly what i was stressed about. But far out. I just sat with God in the measly spare time i gave him and as it worked out there was just a small section of a chapter left from where i last read, so God was totally prepared for only having a few moments of my undivided attention and he used it and gave me answers and comfort.

He is so cool. It always amazes me how he will speak to me in ways that just work with my soul. Sometimes he's a mystery, but sometimes he sorts you out. He's sorting me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment