Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Peanut

Been thinking lots of things lately.

Don't look for things in the wrong place. If I tried to to analyse the last year I've spent out of school saying, "what have I done academically?" I'd be asking the wrong question, i'd be assuming that I'm supposed to have been on an academic pursuit, when really the last year and a half I've learned more about myself and others and life than ever before. I've learned about relationships and enjoyed relationships more than ever before.

Don't assume things.

Something else I've been thinking is that it is easy to see flaws. It's easy to laugh and to mock and to be a critic. Anyone can see when something doesn't work. We should show love and make our eyes eager to see and be grateful for good things, even amongst flaws.
It is easy to be wrong.

Be right. It is hard. But we are not alone. And don't just do right. BE right. From your inner core wish to achieve good for others' sake and make all things good. Value others, value virtue and discipline. Value God.
Seek good things, pursue them.

And don't wait for praise. You may just not receive it.
________________________________________________

TODAY WE HAD AWESOME WEATHER. Too bad I was working since 6am!

Today my favourite thing was lounging.

________________________________________________

On Sunday I was running late to church, missed my bus and caught the next one.
And while squeezing my brain trying to figure out which stop would be the closest to church I just decided to pull the cord and get out.
This meant someone who was running to the bus stop could get on, because i slowed the bus by getting off, otherwise they probably would have missed it. That rocked my soul in the bosom of Abraham.

Played with my friend's neice on Sunday too. She's tiny and just crawlin'. She uses her face to talk so she comes up with some pretty weird expressions. Totally beautiful. Totally honest and raw. If she wants to bite something, she does it. If she wants to hit your face or leg, she does it. She's a bold little bean.

No comments:

Post a Comment