Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Phonecall

Dang.
I just got a phonecall from my sis (Sasha).
Made me unsure about doing Graphic Design... or it just made me more interested in Psychology.
Weighing up these options is difficult.

Graphic design and Psych are both fun and exciting for me. I am bubbling with ideas for both. Mostly Psychology these days.
You'll only last in creative graphic design till your ideas become stale and the new blood comes through.
But in Psych you can study your whole life.
Psych takes a couple or three years longer to study.
Its easier to do Graphic Design.
Its easier to study Psych and then study Graphics later in life rather than the other way around.
Academic study was not my strength in high school.
To me studying graphics seems slightly daunting.
Studying Psychology seems like I'll be exploring.
My Mum, Dad, and Sasha have all studied Graphic design. It makes me feel like I'm under their shadow's.
I wonder which the world lacks more -thought provoking images or thinkers and counsellors?
I wonder which category I can contribute to?

I shall think and pray. Please give any advice.

Speaking of phone calls. Talked to Miriam on Han's phone on Monday. She's alive and stares at apples everyday. It was cool. Good to hear she is doing well!

I just rode a bike I bought on trademe. Still need to fix it up more, but it was a fun thing to do at night.
I will greet the morning at 5am tomorrow! Hooray for work. Oop, need to book a taxi.

I feel like I lack male role models. I have been looking in the wrong places.

2 comments:

  1. i think you should do which ever you think you'll enjoy more and be best at. No matter what pay/job-life/anything else. If you think you'll enjoy graphics more, you're likely to contribute alot more to it than you would in psych and visa versa. once you have a job in either, you can always do part time uni to get qualifications for the other at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Far I agree with Ceedz+
    It's such a hard decision to make, but !!!seriously!!! do what you think you'll enjoy more otherwise you'll end up a grumpy fed up old man like me!!!

    I dunno about G.Art but my friend does psych and she said she's actually learning stuff from it so yeh. That's good I guess.

    ReplyDelete